“Healthy Never Tasted This Good!”
December 10, 2021, Oshkosh, Wisconsin – Fresh on the Fox, a new made-to-order smoothie concept created by Aladdin Campus Dining, is generating excitement with University of Wisconsin Oshkosh students as they select from many freshly made options.
Located in the UW’s Oshkosh Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Fresh on the Fox was developed in response to a growing need amongst students for an on-the-run option that is fresh, quick and nutritious.
During a grand opening celebration held recently, students had the opportunity to sample signature juices such as cucumber, apple, lemon and ginger; and orange, apple, carrot, beet, and ginger. Aladdin also raffled a bike and a fitness basket filled with wellness-focused related gifts such as protein bars, protein power and stress balls.
According to Carese Walczyk, RDN, CD, wellness dietitian for Aladdin, the smoothie concept was created after a student survey in 2020 expressed students favored another campus dining option. Within those results, the number one response to the survey was the addition of smoothies.
The development of Fresh on the Fox began in late spring of 2021 to complement the emphasis on health and wellness at the center which offers state-of-the-art gym equipment, programs and services to help students achieve their fitness goals.
Recipe testing and development was a combined effort by Stacy Wiroll, corporate chef; Carese Walczyk, campus RD; Anna Bark, retail director; and Steven Godard, resident district manager. These recipes include all-natural ingredients such as granola made in-house and homemade bases that provide beneficial antioxidants.
Fresh on the Fox smoothies are made to order and are the perfect meal alternative during student crunch times which helps to keep stress low, while promoting health and energy. “When exams, papers and projects pile up throughout the semester, the time needed to prep a meal or select from something healthy can easily diminish. A meal-replacing smoothie has the basics of a meal: protein, carbs, fruits, and veggies – perfect to fuel learning. Fresh on the Fox also boosts post-workout recovery, enhancing sports nutrition and overall athletic performance,” says Ms. Walczyk.
Positioned towards the front of the center, Fresh on the Fox is convenient, accessible and visible to students passing by. “Students are stopping on their way out after exercising, but we’re also seeing people coming here as a destination for smoothies and other healthy food,” says Brian Warzynski, assistant university dining director. “Students can take their food and do homework, look out at the river, cozy up next to the fireplace, or watch something on our big screen,” he adds.
In addition to Fresh on the Fox, students can also purchase from pre-packaged food selections from Aladdin’s Tryon Market. This grab-and-go concept offers healthy salads, sandwiches, cheese, yogurt, and even sushi. Tryon complements Fresh on the Fox, making eating on-the-run easy, and more importantly, nutritious.
Fresh and delicious menu options from Fresh on the Fox include:
- Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie: Incorporates turmeric for fighting inflammation as well as mangos and pineapple for fiber, antioxidants that help the immune system, b vitamins, and bromelain, an enzyme that fights inflammation and helps skin and tissues heal
- Recovery Smoothie: Replaces carbs, protein, and electrolytes after a workout with almond butter, bananas, and house-made overnight oats
- Performance Smoothie: Blend of blueberry, strawberry, banana, ginger, and chia seeds to provide fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing properties
- Replenish Juice: A blend of orange, apple, carrot, beet, and ginger juice that helps replenish electrolytes after activity
- Refresh Juice: A blend of cucumber, apple, lemon, and ginger which aides in hydration and provides antioxidants for immune health
- Acai Bowls: Acai berries are high in antioxidants, and when topped with house-made granola and hemp seeds, provide protein as well as healthy fat
- Hours of operation are from Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Fresh on the Fox takes the day off on Saturday and Sunday.
Healthy Never Tasted This Good!
Contact: Grace Hoyer, Manager of Public Relations
Phone: (610) 349-0844